Save Oceans to Save Ourselves

About 71% of the Earth is covered with water. This means that the remaining 29% of the area is occupied by land. Which is less than half the amount of water. Nevertheless, 29% of this land activity has a strong impact on the oceans.

Our oceans and seas are worlds in themselves. They are home to scores of marine life. The oceans produce the oxygen we breathe, provide food and regulate the climate. The way we treat our oceans affects not only the life that lives within it, but us as well.

Every year millions of sharks are killed for their fins, which is a delicacy in some parts of the world. Although it is legal to capture some specs, illegal sharks are traded. The shark’s wings have been cut off and the rest of the body thrown into the sea to avoid declaring a full animal at the port.

The amount of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere has increased in the last few decades. This has led to acidification of the ocean, the ocean has absorbed carbon dioxide and it reduces the chemical balance of water. The acidification of the oceans threatens the entire seafood web.

Published by

ashok725 "Aks"

Hi ! I am Ashok Sharma. I studied at Maharishi Dayanand University, Rohtak, Haryana, India. Reading and writing have been my hobbies since childhood. Do not try to plan everything in the very last detail. Just create it, publish it and get feed back from you. But if you really want to grow then you will need points of leverage and most of them come from knowing people. Change is going to be continuous. It is a beginning, not an end. It will be my constant endeavor to thank the readers for their love, guidance and interest that I can do better than ever……..

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s